Guests are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants and cocktail bars in Malia. Relaxing and welcoming, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its bars and cheese.
- There are 86 Malia hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 17.1 mi (27.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Malia
- A marina is one of the top activities, whereas Star Beach Water Park, Port of Hersonissos, and Sarandaris Beach are favourite sights to visit
- Families come for attractions such as Sissi Mini Golf, Aquaworld Aquarium, and Acqua Plus Water Park
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, such as Spinalonga Castle
- The beaches and the sea highlight the natural beauty, and Stalis Beach, Dikteon Cave, and Amazonas Park are several places worth visiting
Getting around Malia
There are plenty of options for getting around Malia. You can explore your options for water transport at the marina.
Staying in Malia
In Malia there are 108 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate:
- 35 hotels, ranging from GBP 22/night to GBP 197/night
- 34 aparthotels, ranging from GBP 17/night to GBP 78/night
- 15 apartments, ranging from GBP 10/night to GBP 47/night
For trips with the family or other getaways, consider the following top-rated traditional hotels:
- Cretan Malia Park
- Ikaros Beach Resort and Spa
Seeking a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You might like these traveler-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Villa Mare Monte
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Kristalli with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Cretan Malia Park and Villa Mare Monte are also highly rated by guests.