Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gouves and visitors are sure to appreciate the museums and theme park. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, beaches, and shopping.
- There are 45 Gouves hotels
- February is the most expensive month to travel here, while October tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Heraklion (HER-Nikos Kazantzakis), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Gouves
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and taking an excursion, while Sarandaris Beach, Port of Hersonissos, and Star Beach Water Park are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its museums and cultural attractions such as Heraklion Archaeological Museum and Natural History Museum of Crete
- Popular family attractions include Dinosauria Park, Cretaquarium, and Watercity Waterpark
- Notable for its archaeological sites and landmarks to visit including Palace of Knossos, St. Paraskevi Church, and Knossos Archaelogical Site
- The beach, seaside, and island views provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Public Gardens of Iraklion, Geoponikos Kipos, and Stalis Beach
Getting around Gouves
There are many transportation options in Gouves. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Gouves
With 45 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, Gouves offers holiday retreats at affordable prices:
- 17 hotels, ranging from GBP 25/night to GBP 310/night
- 17 aparthotels, ranging from GBP 22/night to GBP 87/night
- 5 apartments, ranging from GBP 28/night to GBP 28/night
Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Amirandes Grecotel Exclusive, averaging GBP 387.6/night
- Knossos Beach Bungalows & Suites, averaging GBP 165.26/night
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Dimitra Hotel Apartments, averaging GBP 46.23/night
- Ourania Apartments, averaging GBP 31.38/night
A 5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Amirandes Grecotel Exclusive with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating while Dimitra Hotel Apartments and Ourania Apartments are also highly rated by guests.