Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 11 Jan 2020
Where to stay in Kawasaki
Visitors to Kawasaki are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, festivals and monuments. Top sights in the city include Kawasaki Daishi, Tokyo Bay and Museum of Japanese Houses.
- You'll find 232 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Yokohama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 42.2 mi (67.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kawasaki
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Japanese Houses, Fujiko F Fujio Museum and Toshiba Science Museum. Attractions like Susukino and Yomiuriland are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Kawasaki Daishi, Keihin Fushimi Inari Shrine and Wakamiya Hachiman-gu Shrine.
Other top sights in Kawasaki include Tokyo Bay. In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Yokohama Arena, 4.6 mi/7.3 km from the city centre, and Shinyokohama Raumen Museum, which is 4.9 mi (7.9 km) away.
Getting around Kawasaki
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Keikyu Kawasaki Station, Kawasaki Station or Kawasaki Hatcho-nawate Station. Kawasaki may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kawasaki
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 18°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Kawasaki is 1379.90 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Kawasaki?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Kawasaki, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Kawasaki?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Kawasaki?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Kawasaki?
What's the best hotel for a ski holiday in Kawasaki?
Kawasaki Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Kawasaki by Star Rating
- Hotels near Kawasaki Airports
- Areas of Kawasaki
- Accommodation near Kawasaki Attractions
- More accommodation types in Kawasaki
- Choose Your Kawasaki Hotel Style
- Search Kawasaki Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Kawasaki
- Hotels Near Kawasaki, Yokohama
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends