Visitors to Yokosuka are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, parks and festivals. Around the area, top sights include Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, Sankei-en Park and Yokohama Stadium.
- You'll find 232 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Yokohama
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 54.3 mi (87.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yokosuka
Cultural venues in the city include Yokosuka Arts Theatre, Yokosuka Museum of Art and Yokosuka City Museum. Attractions like Umikaze Park and Soleil Nooka Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Kannonzaki Lighthouse, Mansho-ji Temple and Jodo Shigarakitera.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Yokosuka. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mercure Yokosuka - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Central Hotel Yokosuka - Our customers like the central location and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Harbour Yokosuka - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other top sights in Yokosuka include Tokyo Bay. Top places to see in the area include Hakkeijima Sea Paradise, 5.8 mi/9.4 km from the heart of the city, and Sankei-en Park, which is 11.3 mi/18.2 km away.
Getting around Yokosuka
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Yokosuka Chuo Station, Shioiri station or Oppama station. Yokosuka might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Yokosuka
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Yokosuka gets about 1159.30 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C