Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors to Grange-over-Sands are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting, bars and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Top sights around the area include Hill Top, Lake Windermere and Cartmel Racecourse. In Grange-over-Sands, there are 107 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Grange-over-Sands
The city's cultural venues include Holker Hall and The Beach Hut Gallery. The lakes and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lyth Valley, Winster Valley and Yewbarrow House Gardens. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cartmel Racecourse and Cartmel Priory.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Hill Top, 9.7 mi/15.6 km from the heart of the city, and Lake Windermere, which is 10.2 mi (16.4 km) away.
Getting around Grange-over-Sands
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Grange-over-Sands Station, Grange-over-Sands Kents Bank Station or Grange-over-Sands Cark Cartmel Station. Grange-over-Sands may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Grange-over-Sands
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Grange-over-Sands each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Grange-over-Sands?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Grange-over-Sands, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for families in Grange-over-Sands?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Grange-over-Sands?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Grange-over-Sands?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Grange-over-Sands?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Grange-over-Sands?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Grange-over-Sands?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Grange-over-Sands?
Grange-over-Sands Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Grange-over-Sands by Star Rating
- Hotels near Grange-over-Sands Airports
- Accommodation near Grange-over-Sands Attractions
- More accommodation types in Grange-over-Sands
- Choose Your Grange-over-Sands Hotel Style
- Search Grange-over-Sands Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Grange-over-Sands
- Hotels Near Grange-over-Sands, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends