Visitors can enjoy all that Cumnock has to offer including the golf courses and monuments. This city also attracts tourists with its cultural and welcoming setting. Ayr Racecourse, Brig O'Doon and Ayr Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodation options in Cumnock
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 17.2 mi (27.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 30.6 mi (49.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cumnock
Notable city landmarks like Dumfries House and Barony Colliery might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add New Cumnock Golf Club to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Cumnock. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Royal Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and bar.
- Dumfries Arms Hotel - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Lochside House Hotel & Spa - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Ayr Racecourse, 17 mi/27.4 km from the city centre, and Brig O'Doon, which is 17.7 mi (28.5 km) away.
Getting around Cumnock
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from New Cumnock Station or Cumnock Auchenleck Station. Cumnock may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Cumnock
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Cumnock gets about 47 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C