Search Hotels in Chubu
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 15 Jul 2020
Where to stay in Chubu
Nagoya City Centre
4.5/5Wonderful!(89 area reviews)
Museums, hot springs and coffee shops highlight some notable features of Nagoya City Centre. Make a stop by Osu or Nagoya City Science Museum while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Fushimi Station or Marunouchi Station to get around town.
4/5Very Good!(17 area reviews)
Nestled in the foothills of Hakone’s tallest mountains, this town is famous for its museums, beautiful gardens, hot springs and scenic railways.
Shopping, hot springs and coffee shops highlight some notable features of Sakae. Make a stop by Osu or Nagoya TV Tower while you're visiting, and jump aboard the metro at Sakae Station or Yabacho Station to get around town.
Hida Takayama Onsen
4.5/5Wonderful!(79 area reviews)
Hida Takayama Onsen is noteworthy for its historical sites, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Takayama Jinya and Takayama Yatai Kaikan.
4.5/5Wonderful!(14 area reviews)
You might take some time to check out the abundant dining options in Naka Ward. Spend some time visiting top spots like Osu, and catch the metro at Yabacho Station or Kamimaezu Station to see more of the area.
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Chubu, and visitors give high marks for the world-class hot springs and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its museums and temples. Top sights in the city include Daio Wasabi Farm, Japan Ukiyo-e Museum and Matsumoto Castle.
- There are 4823 hotels and other accommodation options in Chubu
- The closest major airport is in Toyama (TOY), 43.8 mi (70.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chubu
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Japan Ukiyo-e Museum, Matsumoto City Museum and Nagano Prefectural Museum of History. Attractions like Jigokudani Monkey Park, Fuji-Q Highland and Fuji Safari Park are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and temples are notable and landmarks include Daio Wasabi Farm, Matsumoto Castle and Kappa Bridge.
In Atami, you can choose from 4823 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- KAKUREAN HIDAJI - Adults Only - Amenities at this 4-star ryokan include free parking and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and room size.
- GORA HANAOUGI - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this ryokan. Guests who stay at this 3-star ryokan in Gora can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub.
- FUJI GUESTHOUSE AO - Hostel - Amenities at this 1-star hostel include free WiFi and a rooftop terrace. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
Other favourite sights in Chubu include Lake Suwa, Ueda Castle and Nagano Olympic Stadium.
Getting around Chubu
With so many transport options, seeing all of Chubu is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transport at Hitoichiba Station, Azusabashi Station and Akashina Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Hotaka station, Shin shimashima station or Shinanoomachi station.
More trip options
- Hotels in Chubu by Star Rating
- Hotels near Chubu Airports
- Areas of Chubu
- Accommodation near Chubu Attractions
- More accommodation types in Chubu
- Choose Your Chubu Hotel Style
- Search Chubu Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Chubu
- Hotels Near Chubu, Japan
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends