Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Chagford, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. A top sight in the city is Dartmoor.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Chagford
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chagford
A favourite place to visit in the city is Dartmoor. Additionally, you'll find Castle Drogo and Okehampton Castle in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Chagford. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mill End Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Three Crowns - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this inn. This 5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The Globe Inn - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Chagford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 11°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- About 959.20 millimetres of rain falls on Chagford each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C