- Liked: Staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
Overview of Bovey Castle
- Free WiFi
- Free parking
- Pet Friendly
Choose dates to view prices
Junior State/Family Room
About this area
Located in Newton Abbot, Bovey Castle is in a rural location and on a river. National Park Visitor Centre Postbridge and Devon Guild of Craftsmen are cultural highlights, and some of the area's landmarks include Grimspound and Castle Drogo. Travelling with kids? Consider Stone Lane Gardens and Buckfast Butterfly Farm and Dartmoor Otter Sanctuary. Kayaking and windsurfing offer great chances to get out on the surrounding water, or you can seek out an adventure with rock climbing and mountain biking nearby.Visit our Newton Abbot travel guide
- Arts & Craft Chapel - 6 min drive
- Higher Knowle - 15 min drive
- Grimspound - 16 min drive
- Castle Drogo - 18 min drive
- Becky Falls - 21 min drive
- Exeter St Thomas Station - 27 min drive
- Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.) - 52 min drive
- Great Western Restaurant — 1 min walk
- Smiths Brasserie — 1 min walk
- Ring Of Bells - 4 min drive
- The White Horse - 6 min drive
- Central Stores Cafe - 6 min drive
About this property
Awards and affiliations
- Bovey Castle is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveller Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
Food and drink
Special check-in instructions
Children and extra beds
Payment types at the property
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at the time of service, check-in or check-out.
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 25 for adults and GBP 15 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 25.00 per pet, per night
- Service animals are exempt from fees
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
You need to know
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
We should mention
Property is also known as
Frequently asked questions
- Liked: Cleanliness, amenities, property conditions & facilities
- Disliked: Staff & service
Staff were excellent, we were incredibly suprised by the lack of quality on the vegan menu unfortunately. We understand there's limitations but soppy, overcooked dishes in the evening, and am honestly terrible breakfast. I travel the world for work and have never encountered food worth actually reviewing badly, but this was truly disappointing, which is made worse by the status of the hotel. Will never return.