Visitors can enjoy all that Appleby-in-Westmorland has to offer including the spas and golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its cultural and countryside setting. A top sight in the city is Yorkshire Dales National Park.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Appleby-in-Westmorland
- The closest major airport is in Carlisle (CAX), 28.7 mi (46.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Appleby-in-Westmorland
The city's cultural venues include Courtyard Gallery and Eden Valley Railway. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Yorkshire Dales National Park and Appleby Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Appleby-in-Westmorland. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Appleby Castle - With a stay at this 3.5-star castle, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Appleby Manor Hotel & Garden Spa - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Tufton Arms Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers love its dining options and central location.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Ullswater, located 17.4 mi (28.1 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Appleby-in-Westmorland
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Appleby Station. Appleby-in-Westmorland may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Appleby-in-Westmorland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- Average annual rainfall for Appleby-in-Westmorland is 20 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 0°C