Visitors can enjoy all that Ansonia has to offer including its shopping. Around the area, top sights include Yale Bowl, East Rock Park and Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre.
- You'll find 169 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of New Haven
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ansonia
Yale Bowl, East Rock Park and Toyota Presents Oakdale Theatre are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. You'll also find Yale University Art Gallery and Shubert Theater in the area.
As you plan your holiday to Ansonia, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 88 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Extended Stay or Short Term is located 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the heart of Ansonia. This 2.5-star hotel in Milford features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and pool.
- Motel 6 Milford is 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from central Ansonia. This 2.5-star hotel in Shelton features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Shelton is 5.5 mi (8.9 km) from the centre of Ansonia. This 3-star hotel in Milford features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Ansonia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and -7°C at night
- Ansonia gets about 1266.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C