Families will find kid-friendly activities in Yaiza, and visitors give high marks for the bustling marina, fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its bars and spas. Top sights in the city include Timanfaya National Park, Marina Rubicon and Aqualava Water Park.
- There are 744 hotels and other accommodation options in Yaiza
- The closest major airport is in Arrecife (ACE-Lanzarote), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Puerto del Rosario (FUE-Fuerteventura), 32.8 mi (52.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yaiza
Cultural venues in the city include Atlantic Museum, La Antigua Escuela de Yaiza Art Center and Whale and Dolphin Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Salinas de Janubio, Nuestra Senora del Carmen Square and Pechiguera Lighthouse. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Timanfaya National Park, Papagayo Beach and Mujeres Beach.
In Tias, you'll find 744 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Princesa Yaiza Suite Hotel Resort - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 4 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with in-room LED TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Sentido H10 White Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Hesperia Lanzarote - This 5-star hotel features 4 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and proximity to the airport.
Other top sights in Yaiza include Marina Rubicon and Aqualava Water Park. Top places to see in the area include Puerto del Carmen Beach, 8.3 mi/13.4 km from the city centre, and Pocillos Beach, which is 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away.
Dressing for Yaiza
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 23°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 14°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 15°C as the night-time average
- About 5 millimetres of rain falls on Yaiza each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C