Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lanzarote, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its volcano viewpoints, shopping and bars. Top sights in the city include Cesar Manrique Foundation, Cactus Garden and Pocillos Beach.
- There are 2115 hotels and other accommodation options in Lanzarote
- The closest major airport is in Arrecife (ACE-Lanzarote), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Puerto del Rosario (FUE-Fuerteventura), 44.8 mi (72 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lanzarote
Cultural venues in the city include Cesar Manrique Foundation, Lagomar Museum and Jose Saramago House Museum. Families come for attractions such as Jameos del Agua Caves, Rancho Texas Park Zoo and Aqualava Water Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Rio Lookout, Santa Barbara Castle and Telamon Shipwreck.
In Teguise, you'll find 2115 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Lani´s Suites de Luxe - Adults Only - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Hotel Lava Beach - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- La Isla y el Mar Hotel Boutique - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its quiet location and WiFi.
Other favourite sights in Lanzarote include Cactus Garden, Pocillos Beach and Timanfaya National Park. Top places to visit in the area include Corralejo Beach, located 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the city centre, and Corralejo Dunes Natural Park, which is 30 mi (48.3 km) away.
Dressing for Lanzarote
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 23°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 14°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 15°C as the night-time average
- Lanzarote gets about 5 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C