History buffs will enjoy exploring Woodstock, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Cosy and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Blenheim Palace, Pitts Rivers Museum and Oxford University Museum of Natural History are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Woodstock
- The closest major airport is in Oxford (OXF), 3.7 mi (5.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Woodstock
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Blenheim Palace. Additionally, you might want to add Oxfordshire Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Woodstock. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Glove House - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a business centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and walkable location.
- The Crown Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this inn. This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- The Blenheim Buttery - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include a coffee shop and free Internet. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Pitts Rivers Museum, 9.1 mi/14.6 km from the city centre, and Oxford University Museum of Natural History, which is 9.1 mi/14.7 km away.
Dressing for Woodstock
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Woodstock each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 21°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C