Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Wokingham and visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and bars. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and relaxing, riverfront city has to offer, including its coffeehouses, sporting events, and shopping.
- There are 2 Wokingham hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Wokingham
- Golfing is one of the top activities, while Blue Mountain Golf Centre, Downshire Golf Club, and Blackwater Valley Golf Centre are favourite sights to visit
- Popular family attractions include Legoland, Bracknell Ski Slope, and Lagoona Park
- Its historic sites and castle are notable and landmarks to visit include Windsor Castle, Reading Abbey Ruins, and Mapledurham House and Watermill
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Oracle, Holme Grange Craft Village, and John Lewis Reading
Getting around Wokingham
There are many transportation options in Wokingham. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Wokingham Winnersh Station.
Staying in Wokingham
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10, averaging GBP 162.15 per night. You might like The Pheasant Inn Hotel, averaging GBP 124.38 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Holiday Inn Reading M4 Jct 10 with a 4.2 out of 5 user rating while The Pheasant Inn Hotel has a 3.2 rating by guests.
Dressing for Wokingham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 22°C with nighttime averages of 9°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and nighttime averages of 3°C
- Wokingham gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year