Travellers to Westcliff-on-Sea give high marks for the seaside and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theatres, entertainment and bars. Around the area, top sights include Southend Pier, Rochester Cathedral and Rochester Castle.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Westcliff-on-Sea
- The closest major airport is in London (SEN-Southend), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 27.5 mi (44.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Westcliff-on-Sea
Well known for its theatres, the city's cultural venues include Palace Theatre, Cliffs Pavilion and Beecroft Art Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and such places to visit as Chalkwell Beach and Westcliff Gardens. In the area, you'll also find Southend Pier and Rochester Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 15 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Westcliff-on-Sea. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Muthu Westcliff Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a 24-hour fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and quiet location.
- The Welbeck Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a 24-hour front desk.
- OYO Devine Beach Guest House - Amenities in this 3-star guesthouse include free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Rochester Castle, located 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the city centre, and Adventure Island, which is 1.8 mi/2.8 km away.
Getting around Westcliff-on-Sea
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Westcliff Station. Westcliff-on-Sea may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Westcliff-on-Sea
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- About 697 millimetres of rain falls on Westcliff-on-Sea each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 2°C