Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, bars, and coffeehouses in Sheerness. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and walkable, seaside city can discover its cathedrals, shopping, and golfing.
- There are 2 Sheerness hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Southend-on-Sea (SEN-Southend Municipal), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sheerness
- Golfing is one of the top activities, while Sittingbourne Golf Centre, Boughton Golf Club, and Whitstable and Seasalter Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- Families come for attractions such as Southend Pier, Sittingbourne and Kemsley Light Railway, and Bredgar and Wormshill Light Railway
- Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks to visit include Canterbury Cathedral, Leeds Castle, and St. Martin's Church
- The natural beauty of the seaside is picturesque, and places to visit include Oare Gunpowder Works County Park, Brogdale Collections, and Whitstable Beach
Getting around Sheerness
Sheerness has many options for getting around. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Sheerness-On-Sea Station.
Staying in Sheerness
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- The Ferry House Inn, averaging GBP 92.36/night
- The Royal Hotel, averaging GBP 75.76/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is The Ferry House Inn with a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Sheerness
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the nighttime average
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Sheerness each year