Visiting Tossa de Mar
History buffs will enjoy exploring Tossa de Mar, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Around the area, top sights include Tossa de Mar Beach, Lloret de Mar Beach and Girona Cathedral.
- There are 387 hotels and other accommodation options in Tossa de Mar
- The closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 15 mi (24.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 52.8 mi (85 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tossa de Mar
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Tossa de Mar Castle, Tossa de Mar Lighthouse, and Chapel of Our Lady of Socorro. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Tossa de Mar Beach, Cala Bona and Santa Maria de Llorell Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Moorish Tower and Platja Gran.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Lloret de Mar Beach, 4.6 mi/7.4 km from the heart of the city, and Girona Cathedral, which is 19.2 mi (31 km) away.
Dressing for Tossa de Mar
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 474.70 millimetres of rain falls on Tossa de Mar each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 3°C