Visiting Castell-Platja d'Aro
Castell-Platja d'Aro's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the spas, restaurants and beaches. Welcoming and tucked away, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its entertainment, golfing and bars.
- There are 25 Castell-Platja d'Aro hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Castell-Platja d'Aro
- Golfing is one of the top activities, whereas Lobs Minigolf, Golf Club d'Aro, and Costa Brava Golf Course are favourite sights to visit
- The beaches, the sea and gardens provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Platja d'Aro Beach, San Pol Beach, and Tossa de Mar Beach
Staying in Castell-Platja d'Aro
With 37 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Castell-Platja d'Aro, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 20 hotels ranging from GBP 50 to GBP 340 per night.
For trips with the family or other getaways, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Aparthotel Ciutat de Palol
- Hotel & Spa La Terrassa
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Hostal de la Gavina
- Salles Hotel & Spa Cala Del Pi
Hostal de la Gavina, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.8 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Salles Hotel & Spa Cala Del Pi and Aparthotel Ciutat de Palol.
Dressing for Castell-Platja d'Aro
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Castell-Platja d'Aro gets about 16 millimetres of rain per year