Visiting Malgrat de Mar
Visitors to Malgrat de Mar are sure to enjoy the beaches and bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, spas and coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Lloret de Mar Beach, Tossa de Mar Beach and Santa Susanna Beach.
- There are 101 hotels and other accommodation options in Malgrat de Mar
- The closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 17.5 mi (28.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 41.8 mi (67.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Malgrat de Mar
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Malgrat de Mar Beach, Levante Beach and Parc Francesc Macia. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Platja Susana and La Pilona.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Lloret de Mar Beach, located 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the city centre, and Tossa de Mar Beach, which is 11.1 mi (17.9 km) away.
Getting around Malgrat de Mar
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Malgrat de Mar Station. Malgrat de Mar might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Malgrat de Mar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Malgrat de Mar is 474.70 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C