Visiting Pineda de Mar
Visitors to Pineda de Mar are sure to enjoy the beaches, entertainment and restaurants. The relaxing and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights around the area include Lloret de Mar Beach, Tossa de Mar Beach and Calella Beach.
- There are 169 hotels and other accommodation options in Pineda de Mar
- The closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 19 mi (30.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 38.3 mi (61.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pineda de Mar
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Pineda de Mar Beach, Platja dels Pescadors and Platja Gran de Calella. Additionally, you might want to add Pau Casals Plaza to your agenda.
In Calella, you can choose from 169 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Aqua Hotel Promenade - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Hotel Sorrabona - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with a private balcony.
- Golden Taurus Aquapark Resort - This 4-star hotel features 4 outdoor pools, a free water park and 2 restaurants. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Top places to visit outside the city include Lloret de Mar Beach, located 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city centre, and Tossa de Mar Beach, which is 14.8 mi/23.8 km away.
Getting around Pineda de Mar
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Pineda de Mar Station. Pineda de Mar may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Pineda de Mar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Pineda de Mar gets about 474.70 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 3°C