Families will find kid-friendly activities in Calella, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its spas. Top sights around the area include Lloret de Mar Beach, Tossa de Mar Beach and Calella Beach.
- There are 90 hotels and other accommodation options in Calella
- The closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 20.5 mi (32.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 36.9 mi (59.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Calella
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Calella Beach and Platja Garbi. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Calella Lighthouse and Museum of Tourism.
In Pineda de Mar, you'll find 90 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sant Jordi Boutique Hotel - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Kaktus Playa - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Volga Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Lloret de Mar Beach, located 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city centre, and Tossa de Mar Beach, which is 16 mi/25.8 km away.
Getting around Calella
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Calella Station. Calella might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Calella
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Calella is 16 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 3°C