Search Hotels in Blanes
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Sep 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 15 Aug 2018
Visitors to Blanes are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and cathedral. Around the area, top sights include Lloret de Mar Beach, Tossa de Mar Beach and Fenals Beach.
- There are 200 hotels and other accommodation options in Blanes
- The closest major airport is in Gerona (GRO-Costa Brava), 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Barcelona (BCN-Barcelona Intl.), 45 mi (72.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Blanes
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Santa Cristina Beach, Platja de Blanes and Cala de Sant Francesc. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monastery El Convent in Blane and Pinya de Rosa Botanical Garden.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Lloret de Mar Beach, 3.3 mi/5.3 km from the city centre, and Tossa de Mar Beach, which is 8 mi (12.8 km) away.
Getting around Blanes
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Blanes Station. Blanes may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Blanes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 13°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 16 millimetres of rain falls on Blanes each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 3°C