Visiting Suttons Bay
Visitors can enjoy all that Suttons Bay has to offer including the beaches, shopping and wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Torch Lake, Grand Traverse Bay and Clinch Park Beach.
- You'll find 707 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Traverse City
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 16.8 mi (27 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Suttons Bay
The picturesque setting of Grand Traverse Bay and Lake Leelanau exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ciccone Vineyard and Winery and Leelanau Cheese Company.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Suttons Bay. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Cabin In The Village Of Downtown Suttons Bay, Michigan, Affordable is located in central Suttons Bay. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Suttons Bay features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast.
- M-22 Inn Suttons Bay is located 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre. This 2-star motel in Suttons Bay features free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Vineyard Inn on Suttons Bay is 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star inn in Suttons Bay can enjoy access to a winery and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Top places to visit in the area include Torch Lake, located 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, which is 20.8 mi/33.4 km away.
Dressing for Suttons Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is -3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -8°C
- Suttons Bay gets about 841 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -9°C