Visitors to Alanson are sure to enjoy the riverfront and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its local tours. A top sight in the area is Nub's Nob Ski Area.
- You'll find 476 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Petoskey
- The closest major airport is in Pellston, MI (PLN-Pellston Regional), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mackinac Island, MI (MCD), 29.7 mi (47.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alanson
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and these places to visit: Burt Lake, Crooked Lake and Oden State Fish Hatchery Visitor Center. Boating is just one of the top activities, while Crooked Vine Vineyard and Winery and Seasons of the North Winery are sights to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Pickerel Lake to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 13 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Alanson. Below is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Stafford's Crooked River Lodge & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Nub's Nob Ski Area, located 6.8 mi (10.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Alanson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 6°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -11°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -8°C as the night-time average
- About 811.90 millimetres of rain falls on Alanson each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 23°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -10°C