Visiting Traverse City
Travellers to Traverse City give high marks for the festivals, array of wineries and lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its breweries, local tours and shopping. Top sights in the city include Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Torch Lake and Clinch Park Beach.
- There are 707 hotels and other accommodation options in Traverse City
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manistee, MI (MBL-Manistee County-Blacker), 46 mi (74 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Traverse City
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Old Town Playhouse, City Opera House and Great Lakes Children's Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Mission Point Lighthouse, Point Betsie Lighthouse and Historic Fishtown. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Torch Lake and Clinch Park Beach.
In Williamsburg, there are 707 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Torch Lake Bed & Breakfast - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features a marina, a private beach and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Country Hermitage Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Torch Bay Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Other top sights in Traverse City include Front Street and Grand Traverse Bay. One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Torch Lake Park, 18.1 mi/29.2 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Traverse City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is -3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -8°C
- Average annual rainfall for Traverse City is 841 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -9°C