Visiting Glen Arbor
Visitors to Glen Arbor are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, beaches and coffee shops. A top sight in the city is Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
- You'll find 682 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Traverse City
- The closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 22 mi (35.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Glen Arbor
The city's natural beauty is on display at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Glen Lake and Little Glen Lake. You'll also find Platte Lake and Crystal Lake Golf Club in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Glen Arbor. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- The Sylvan Inn is located 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city centre. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Glen Arbor features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- M-22 Inn Glen Arbor is 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Glen Arbor can enjoy access to free parking and free Internet. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Come for Fabulous Fun! Gorgeous Homestead Condo! is located within 2.1 mi (3.4 km) of the city centre. Located in Glen Arbor, this holiday home features a kitchen, a fireplace and a balcony. Our customers like its beach locale and comfortable beds.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Grand Traverse Bay, located 25.3 mi (40.7 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Glen Arbor
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- About 886 millimetres of rain falls on Glen Arbor each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C