Guests will appreciate the beaches, restaurants and coffeehouses in Empire. Scenic landscape and welcoming, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its parks.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 22.2 mi (35.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Empire
- Adventures is just one of the many top activities, whereas Empire Bluff Trail and Old Indian Trail are great sights to visit
- The lakes, beaches and parks provide a picturesque setting, and Sleeping Bear Dunes is one place worth a visit
Staying in Empire
You may appreciate Empire Lakeshore Inn for a romantic getaway or boutique stay.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Empire Lakeshore Inn with a 3.7 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Empire
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, while the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and nighttime averages of -7°C
- About 888 millimetres of rain falls on Empire each year