Visitors to Frankfort are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's its breweries and forests. A top sight in the city is Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
- You'll find 695 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Traverse City
- The closest major airport is in Manistee, MI (MBL-Manistee County-Blacker), 24.7 mi (39.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Traverse City, MI (TVC-Cherry Capital), 31.3 mi (50.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Frankfort
Notable city landmarks like Point Betsie Lighthouse and Frankfort Light might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Frankfort Beach and Betsie Lake. Exploring the port is a top activity, and Old Indian Trail is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Frankfort. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Hotel Frankfort - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Bay Port Lodging - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Frankfort
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- About 886 millimetres of rain falls on Frankfort each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C