Visiting Santa Fe
Travellers to Santa Fe give high marks for the renowned art, cathedral and fascinating museums. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, opera houses and festivals. Top sights in the city include Palace of the Governors, Santa Fe Plaza and San Miguel Mission.
- There are 603 hotels and other accommodation options in Santa Fe
- The closest major airport is in Santa Fe, NM (SAF-Santa Fe Municipal), 9.5 mi (15.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Los Alamos, NM (LAM-Los Alamos County), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Fe
Known for its art, museums and opera, the city's cultural venues include Museum of International Folk Art, Museum of Indian Arts and Culture and Wheelwright Museum of the American Indian. The city is notable for its cathedrals and landmarks like Palace of the Governors, Santa Fe Plaza, and San Miguel Mission. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Santa Fe National Forest, Carson National Forest and Old Fort Marcy Park.
In Los Alamos, there are 603 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Four Kachinas Bed & Breakfast Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in South Capitol features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- El Farolito Bed & Breakfast Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Downtown Santa Fe features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Inn Of The Turquoise Bear - This 4-star bed & breakfast in South Capitol features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favourite sights in Santa Fe include New Mexico State Capitol, Meow Wolf and Santa Fe Opera.
Getting around Santa Fe
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Santa Fe Depot or Lamy Station. Santa Fe might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Santa Fe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be -8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -9°C at night
- About 451.10 millimetres of rain falls on Santa Fe each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -8°C