Visiting Los Alamos
Visitors are sure to enjoy all Los Alamos has to offer including its hiking. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, mountain views and art. Top sights in the area include Palace of the Governors, Santa Fe Plaza and San Miguel Mission.
- You'll find 702 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Santa Fe
- The closest major airport is in Los Alamos, NM (LAM-Los Alamos County), 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santa Fe, NM (SAF-Santa Fe Municipal), 21.8 mi (35.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Los Alamos
Cultural venues in the city include Bradbury Science Museum, Los Alamos Historical Museum and Karen Wray Fine Art Gallery. Notable city landmarks like Bandelier National Monument and Alcove House Trail might be worth a visit. Hiking is a top activity, and Pajarito Ski Mountain is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Los Alamos. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Los Alamos - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Los Alamos - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Los Alamos - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Santa Fe Opera, located 21.4 mi (34.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Meow Wolf, which is 23.1 mi (37.1 km) away.
Dressing for Los Alamos
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 27°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- Average annual rainfall for Los Alamos is 477.20 millimetres
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging -7°C