Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 7 Dec 2020
Reviewed on 18 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 8 Jan 2021
Where to stay in Richmond
History buffs will enjoy exploring Richmond, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, riverfront and live music scene. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, art and gardens. Top sights in the city include Virginia State Capitol, White House of the Confederacy and Edgar Allan Poe Museum.
- There are 307 hotels and other accommodation options in Richmond
- The closest major airport is in Richmond, VA (RIC-Richmond Intl.), 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Richmond
Known for its museums, live music and art, the city's cultural venues include White House of the Confederacy, Edgar Allan Poe Museum and Science Museum of Virginia. Attractions like Kings Dominion, Metro Richmond Zoo and Lavender Fields Herb Farm are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like St. John's Episcopal Church, Shockoe Slip, and Canal Walk.
In Petersburg, you can choose from 307 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Drury Plaza Hotel Richmond - This 3-star hotel in Innsbrook features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and an indoor pool.
- Ragland Mansion Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking.
- The Jefferson Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Downtown Richmond can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favourite sights in Richmond include Virginia State Capitol, Children's Museum of Richmond and Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
Getting around Richmond
If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Richmond Main Street Station, Richmond Staples Mill Road Station or Ashland Station. Richmond may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Richmond
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- Richmond gets about 1107.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -1°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Richmond?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Richmond, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Richmond?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Richmond?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Richmond?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in Richmond?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Richmond?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Richmond?
What's the best boutique hotel in Richmond?
What's the best golf hotel in Richmond?
Where's the best place to stay in Richmond to be near historical sites?
What are some hotels with pools in Richmond?
Richmond Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Richmond by Star Rating
- Hotels near Richmond Airports
- Areas of Richmond
- Accommodation near Richmond Attractions
- More accommodation types in Richmond
- Choose Your Richmond Hotel Style
- Search Richmond Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Richmond
- Hotels Near Richmond, Virginia
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends