Hotels in Palermo, Italy
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 29 Feb 2020
Where to stay in Palermo
4/5Very Good!(11 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Centro Storico, Teatro Massimo and Palermo Harbour are top sights worth seeing.
4.5/5Wonderful!(88 area reviews)
Historical sites, museums and gardens are some highlights of Kalsa. Make a stop by Palermo Harbour or Foro Italico while you're exploring.
Albergheria is noteworthy for its historical sites, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Ballaro Market and Quattro Canti.
Monte di Pieta
4.5/5Wonderful!(25 area reviews)
Monte di Pieta is noteworthy for its historical sites, and you can make a stop at top attractions like Teatro Massimo and Palermo Cathedral.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Palermo, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and local tours. Tourists who journey to this cultural city can discover its monuments, cathedrals and cafes. Top sights in the city include Teatro Massimo, Regional Archaeological Museum and Cathedral of Palermo.
- There are 1976 hotels and other accommodation options in Palermo
- The closest major airport is in Palermo (PMO-Punta Raisi), 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Palermo
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Teatro Massimo, Regional Archaeological Museum and Palace of the Normans. Notable for its monuments, historic sites and cathedrals, the city's landmarks include Cathedral of Palermo, Co-Cathedral of St. Mary of the Admiral and Church of San Cataldo. The city's natural beauty is on display at Foro Italico, Mondello Beach and English Garden.
Other favourite sights in Palermo include Regional Gallery, San Giovanni degli Eremiti and Cappella Palatina. A popular place to see outside the city is Cathedral of Monreale, 4.5 mi/7.2 km from the centre of the city.
Getting around Palermo
With so many transport options, exploring Palermo is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Giachery Station, Fiera Station and Imperatore Federico Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Palermo Palazzo Reale-Orleans Station, Palermo Central Station or Palermo Notarbartolo Station.
Dressing for Palermo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the night-time average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 12°C at night
- About 556.50 millimetres of rain falls on Palermo each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Palermo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Palermo, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Palermo?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Palermo?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Palermo?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Palermo?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Palermo?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Palermo?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Palermo?
What's the best golf hotel in Palermo?
What's the best hotel in Palermo to learn about local history?
Palermo Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Palermo by Star Rating
- Hotels near Palermo Airports
- Areas of Palermo
- Accommodation near Palermo Attractions
- More accommodation types in Palermo
- Choose Your Palermo Hotel Style
- Search Palermo Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Palermo
- Hotels Near Palermo, Sicily
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends