Visitors to Northallerton are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Richmond Castle, Fountains Abbey and Lightwater Valley Theme Park.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodation options in Northallerton
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 36 mi (58 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Northallerton
Favourite places to visit in the city include Yorkshire Moors, Romanby Golf and Country Club and Mount Grace Priory. Additionally, in the area you'll find Richmond Castle and Fountains Abbey.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 34 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Northallerton. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Black Horse Inn - This 5-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- The Village Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this inn. Amenities at this 3.5-star inn include a restaurant and free parking.
- Classic Lodges - Solberge Hall Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Popular places to see outside the city include Bowes Museum, 23.5 mi/37.8 km from the city centre, and Yorkshire Dales National Park, which is 29.7 mi (47.9 km) away.
Getting around Northallerton
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Northallerton Station. Northallerton may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Northallerton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Northallerton is 560.00 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C