Hotels in Naples, Italy
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 7 Jan 2020
Reviewed on 20 May 2019
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 21 Apr 2019
Where to stay in Naples
Naples City Centre
3/5(174 area reviews)
Known for its abundant dining options and interesting museums, there's plenty to explore in Naples City Centre. Top attractions like Port of Naples and Naples Underground are major draws, and you can catch the metro at Porta Nolana Station or Piazza Garibaldi Station to see more of the city.
4/5Very Good!(451 area reviews)
Piazza del Plebiscito and Port of Naples are top sights in Historical Center, and you should be sure to explore the popular shops. Hop aboard the metro at Toledo Station or Dante Station to see more sights in the area.
3/5(1 area review)
Visit this affluent suburb of Naples, home to luxurious villas, seafront restaurants, Roman ruins and lookouts with striking views over the Gulf of Napoli.
4/5Very Good!(11 area reviews)
Mingle with the locals in the historic park, explore the little aquarium or gaze out to sea from this stylish part of the Italian city of “Napoli.”
Sample the irresistible wares of a chocolate factory, see a bridge to nowhere and explore the narrow maze of streets in this neighborhood that starting taking shape in the ’60s and ’70s.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Naples, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, abundant cafes and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its cathedrals, shopping and archaeological sites. Top sights in the city include Catacombe di San Gennaro, Naples National Archaeological Museum and Castel Sant'Elmo.
- There are 2619 hotels and other accommodation options in Naples
- The closest major airport is in Naples (NAP-Naples Intl.), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salerno (QSR-Costa d'Amalfi), 40.1 mi (64.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Naples
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Naples National Archaeological Museum, Teatro di San Carlo and Museo Archeologico Virtuale. Attractions like Naples Aquarium and Magic World Water Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. Notable for its historic sites, cathedrals and archaeology sites, the city's landmarks include Catacombe di San Gennaro, Castel Sant'Elmo and Naples Cathedral.
Other favourite sights in Naples include Carthusian Monastery of San Martino (Certosa di San Martino), Santa Chiara and Galleria Umberto. Outside the city, popular places to see include Royal Palace of Caserta, located 14.4 mi (23.1 km) from the city centre, and Pompeii Archaeological Park, which is 16.3 mi (26.3 km) away.
Getting around Naples
With so many transport options, seeing all of Naples is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transport at Frullone Station, Colli Aminei Station and Chiaiano Station. If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Montesanto Station, Naples Central Station or Naples Campi Flegrei Station.
Dressing for Naples
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 6°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Naples gets about 878 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 6°C