Visiting Lytham St. Anne's
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lytham St. Anne's, and visitors give high marks for the seaside and lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights around the area include Blackpool Tower, Sandcastle Waterpark and Blackpool Illuminations.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodation options in Lytham St. Anne's
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 29.3 mi (47.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lytham St. Anne's
Cultural venues in the city include Lowther Pavilion, Lytham Heritage Centre and Island Cinemas. The city is notable for landmarks like Lytham Hall, The White Church and St. Annes Pier. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and such places to visit as Ashton Gardens and Fairhaven Lake.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Lytham St. Anne's. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Gaydon B&B - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and an in-room coffee machine. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Clifton Arms Hotel - Our customers love the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Ad Astra Guesthouse - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Blackpool Tower, located 5 mi (8 km) from the city centre, and Sandcastle Waterpark, which is 3.9 mi/6.2 km away.
Getting around Lytham St. Anne's
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Ansdell & Fairhaven Station, St Annes-on-the-Sea Station or Lytham Station. Lytham St. Anne's might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Lytham St. Anne's
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 627.10 millimetres of rain falls on Lytham St. Anne's each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C