Search Hotels in Luzerner Alps
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 28 Dec 2019
Reviewed on 21 Dec 2019
Visiting Luzerner Alps
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Luzerner Alps, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. Top sights in the city include Mount Pilatus, Lucerne Town Hall and Chapel Bridge.
- There are 202 hotels and other accommodation options in Luzerner Alps
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 28.8 mi (46.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Zurich (ZRH), 38.9 mi (62.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Luzerner Alps
Cultural venues in the city include Swiss Transportation Museum, KKL Lucerne and Bourbaki Panorama. Families come for attractions such as Rossweid Gondola, Kneippanlage Schwandalp and Brienzer Rothorn Gondola. The city is notable for landmarks like Chapel Bridge, Loewenplatz and Lion Monument.
In Kerns, you can choose from 202 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bürgenstock Hotels & Resort - Bürgenstock Hotel & Alpine Spa - This 5-star hotel features 2 indoor pools, a full-service spa and a golf course. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Art Deco Hotel Montana - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and 2 bars.
- Hotel Schweizerhof Luzern - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Other favourite sights in Luzerner Alps include Mount Pilatus, Lucerne Town Hall and Lake Brienz. Top places to visit outside the city include Schloss Schadau, 27.4 mi/44.1 km from the city centre, and Eiger, which is 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away.
Getting around Luzerner Alps
With so many ways to get around, exploring Luzerner Alps is a breeze. Head over to Stans Station to catch the metro. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Schupfheim Station, Wolhusen Station or Sarnen Station.
Dressing for Luzerner Alps
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Luzerner Alps gets about 27 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Luzerner Alps by Star Rating
- Areas of Luzerner Alps
- Accommodation near Luzerner Alps Attractions
- More accommodation types in Luzerner Alps
- Choose Your Luzerner Alps Hotel Style
- Search Luzerner Alps Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Luzerner Alps
- Hotels Near Luzerner Alps, Switzerland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends