Visitors to Lochgilphead are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and parks. Top sights around the area include Loch Fyne and Loch Awe.
- There are 41 hotels and other accommodation options in Lochgilphead
- The closest major airport is in Colonsay, Scotland (CSA), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Islay (ILY), 38 mi (61.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lochgilphead
The city is notable for landmarks like Kilmartin Glen, Arichonan Clearance Village and Dunadd. The city's natural beauty is on display at Loch Fyne, Loch Sween and Moine Mhor Nature Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kilmartin House Museum and Carnasserie Castle.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 41 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Lochgilphead. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Crinan Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and spa treatment rooms. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Cairnbaan Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include a restaurant and a bar.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Benmore Botanic Garden, 20.9 mi/33.7 km from the city centre, and Loch Awe, which is 19.4 mi (31.2 km) away.
Dressing for Lochgilphead
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 15°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 16°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Lochgilphead gets about 1011.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 15°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C