Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 10 Nov 2019
Reviewed on 28 Sep 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Tarbert, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will delight tourists with its gardens, bars and port. A top sight in the city is Loch Fyne.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Tarbert
- The closest major airport is in Campbeltown (CAL), 22.5 mi (36.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Islay (ILY), 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tarbert
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Skipness Castle, Royal Castle of Tarbert, and Glenbarr Abbey. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Loch Fyne. Exploring the port is just one of the top activities, while Tarbert Golf Club and Tarbert Harbour are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Tarbert. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Knap Guest House - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
- Stonefield Castle Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Anchor Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
Dressing for Tarbert
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 15°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 16°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Tarbert gets about 35 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 15°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 4°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Tarbert?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Tarbert, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Tarbert?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Tarbert?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Tarbert?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Tarbert?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Tarbert?
What's the best hotel in Tarbert that's close to historical sites?
Tarbert Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Tarbert by Star Rating
- Hotels near Tarbert Airports
- Accommodation near Tarbert Attractions
- More accommodation types in Tarbert
- Choose Your Tarbert Hotel Style
- Search Tarbert Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Tarbert
- Hotels Near Tarbert, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends