Travellers to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its live music. Around the area, top sights include Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, Fort Lauderdale Stadium and Fort Lauderdale Beach.
- You'll find 2978 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Fort Lauderdale
- The closest major airport is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE-Fort Lauderdale Executive), 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL-Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl.), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Fort Lauderdale Beach and El Prado Park. Additionally, you might want to add Anglins Fishing Pier to your agenda.
In Pompano Beach, you can choose from 120 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Seacrest - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and pool.
- Sea Spray Inn - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this inn. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star inn in East Fort Lauderdale can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Blue Seas Courtyard - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with a private pool. Expedia customers like its beach locale and convenient parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, located 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city centre, and Fort Lauderdale Stadium, which is 4.1 mi (6.7 km) away.
Dressing for Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 14°C
- From April to June, the average is 33°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 15°C as the night-time average
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea gets about 1456 millimetres of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 33°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C