Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kos, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights in the city include Tigaki Beach, Port of Kos and Psalidi Beach.
- There are 318 hotels and other accommodation options in Kos
- The closest major airport is in Kos (KGS-Kos Island Intl.), 12.7 mi (20.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kalymnos (JKL-Kalymnos Island National), 19.8 mi (31.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kos
The city is notable for landmarks like Tree of Hippocrates, Kos Castle and Eleftherias Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Tigaki Beach, Psalidi Beach and Paradise Beach. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Port of Kos, Kardamena Port and Kos Marina are favourite sights to visit.
Other top sights in Kos include Kefalos Beach. Top places to visit in the area include Bodrum Windmills, 11.5 mi/18.5 km from the heart of the city, and Bodrum Castle, which is 12.3 mi (19.8 km) away.
Dressing for Kos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 6°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 9°C as the night-time average
- Kos gets about 22 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C