Search Hotels in Ios
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Travellers to Ios give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights around the area include Mylopotas Beach and Oia Castle.
- There are 90 hotels and other accommodation options in Ios
- The closest major airport is in Parikia (PAS-Paros National), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Thira (JTR-Santorini National), 24.5 mi (39.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ios
The city is notable for landmarks like Skarkos, Paleokastro and Tomb of Homer. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mylopotas Beach, Manganari Beach and Yialos Beach. Exploring the port is one of the top activities, while Ios Ferry Port, Tzamaria Beach and Koumpara Beach are favourite sights to visit.
Popular places to visit around the area include Santorini Caldera, 22.3 mi/35.9 km from the heart of the city, and Archaeological Museum, which is 22.4 mi/36.1 km away.
Dressing for Ios
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 19°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 11°C
- About 523.00 millimetres of rain falls on Ios each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 10°C