Visitors to Kingussie are sure to enjoy the bars and mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and cosy setting. Top sights around the area include Cairngorms National Park and CairnGorm Mountain.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Kingussie
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 33.2 mi (53.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kingussie
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and Loch Insh. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Highland Wildlife Park and Kingussie Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 37 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Kingussie. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Arden House - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- The Silverfjord - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this inn. With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with in-room flat-screen TVs.
- McInnes House Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Popular places to visit around the area include Cairngorms National Park, located 12.2 mi (19.6 km) from the city centre, and CairnGorm Mountain, which is 12.2 mi/19.7 km away.
Getting around Kingussie
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Kingussie Station. Kingussie might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kingussie
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- About 916.90 millimetres of rain falls on Kingussie each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 17°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C