Visitors can enjoy all that Dalwhinnie has to offer including its restaurants. The welcoming and secluded setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Dalwhinnie
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 43.3 mi (69.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Dalwhinnie
A favourite place to visit in the city is Dalwhinnie Distillery. In the area, you'll also find Loch Rannoch and Highland Wildlife Park.
As you plan your holiday to Dalwhinnie, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but you'll find 20 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Balsporran Cottage B&B is located 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the heart of Dalwhinnie. This 3-star bed & breakfast in Dalwhinnie features free parking and a bar. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Peaceful Highland Retreat is 1 mi (1.6 km) from central Dalwhinnie. This 4-star hotel in Aviemore features 2 indoor pools, 3 restaurants and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and overall value.
- Coylumbridge Hotel is 23.8 mi (38.4 km) from the centre of Dalwhinnie. Guests who stay at this 3-star inn in Roybridge can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Getting around Dalwhinnie
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Dalwhinnie Station. Dalwhinnie might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Dalwhinnie
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 17°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 916.90 millimetres of rain falls on Dalwhinnie each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C