Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Newtonmore, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and forests. A top sight in the city is Lochaber Geopark.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodation options in Newtonmore
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 37.9 mi (60.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Newtonmore
Favourite places to visit in the city include Lochaber Geopark, Newtonmore Golf Club and Highland Folk Museum. In the area, you'll also find Highland Wildlife Park and Dalwhinnie Distillery.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Newtonmore. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Glen Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Balavil Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Highlander Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Urquhart Castle, located 21.6 mi (34.7 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Newtonmore
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Newtonmore Station. Newtonmore might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Newtonmore
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 17°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Newtonmore gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 17°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C