Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Aviemore, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, bars, and sporting events. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will also delight visitors with its shopping, natural parks, and skiing.
- There are 9 Aviemore hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Aviemore
- Skiing is a top activity, and CairnGorm Mountain is one place to visit
- Popular family attractions include Speyside Wildlife, Cairngorm Reindeer Centre, and Highland Wildlife Park
- The natural beauty of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Loch Morlich, Loch an Eilein, and Rothiemurchus Estate Visitor Centre
Getting around Aviemore
Aviemore has many options for getting around. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Aviemore Station.
Staying in Aviemore
With 9 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Aviemore offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 5 hotels ranging from GBP 133 to GBP 170 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Hilton Coylumbridge, averaging GBP 212.01/night
- Macdonald Aviemore Highland Hotel, averaging GBP 166.73/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Carn Mhor Bed and Breakfast, averaging GBP 122.35/night
- Eriskay B & B, averaging GBP 87.12/night
A 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Carn Mhor Bed and Breakfast with a 4.7 out of 5 user rating while Eriskay B & B and Hilton Coylumbridge are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Aviemore
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July through September averages 17°C during the day and 7°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Aviemore each year