Visitors can enjoy all that Grantown-on-Spey has to offer including the forests and golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its secluded setting. Top sights around the area include Cairngorms National Park, Cardhu Distillery and CairnGorm Mountain.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodation options in Grantown-on-Spey
- The closest major airport is in Inverness (INV), 21.3 mi (34.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Grantown-on-Spey
A couple of favourite places to visit are Grantown Museum and Lochindorb Castle. Additionally, in the area you'll find Cairngorms National Park and Cardhu Distillery.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 38 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Grantown-on-Spey. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Firhall Highland Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
- The Spey - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Dunallan House - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include CairnGorm Mountain, located 16 mi (25.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Lecht Ski Resort, which is 16.4 mi (26.4 km) away.
Dressing for Grantown-on-Spey
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 883.80 millimetres of rain falls on Grantown-on-Spey each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C