Guests are sure to enjoy the tours, mountains and skydiving in Interlaken. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this scenic landscape, welcoming city has to offer, including its shopping, sightseeing and restaurants.
- There are 24 Interlaken hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 23 mi (37 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Interlaken
- Top activities include taking a tour and skydiving, whereas Seilpark Interlaken, Panorama Bridge Sigriswil, and Via Ferrata are great sights to visit
- Notable for its churches and landmarks to visit, such as Schloss Schadau
- The natural setting of the mountains is picturesque, and places to visit include Trummelbach Falls, Eiger, and Jungfraujoch
- Shopping is first class in the area, and Hoeheweg is a favourite spot for retail therapy
Getting around Interlaken
There are many transport options in Interlaken. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Interlaken West Station or Interlaken East Station.
Staying in Interlaken
With 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Interlaken, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 20 hotels ranging from GBP 97 to GBP 459 per night.
Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa
- Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage
You may appreciate one of these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof - Hostel
- Hotel Interlaken
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof - Hostel with a 4.8 out of 5 user rating, whereas Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa and Hotel Interlaken are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Interlaken
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -3°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Interlaken each year