Visitors will appreciate the tours, restaurants, and mountains in Interlaken. Welcoming and walkable, this lakefront city will also delight visitors with its shopping, festivals, and skydiving.
- There are 24 Interlaken hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 23.3 mi (37.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Interlaken
- Taking a tour, skydiving, and skiing are top activities, while sights to visit include Seilpark Interlaken, Isenfluh Cable Car, and Panorama Bridge Sigriswil
- Well-known for its festivals and attractions such as Kunsthaus Interlaken, Tell-Spiele, and Valley Museum Lauterbrunnen
- The mountains, lakeside, and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Trummelbach Falls, Eiger, and Jungfraujoch
Interlaken is adjacent to Wilderswil. Top sights in the area include Schloss Schadau and Harder Kulm.
Getting around Interlaken
There are plenty of options for getting around Interlaken. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Interlaken East Station or Interlaken West Station.
Staying in Interlaken
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Interlaken has 24 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 20 hotels ranging from GBP 97 to GBP 459 per night. Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa, averaging GBP 573.45/night
- Lindner Grand Hotel Beau Rivage, averaging GBP 303.08/night
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof - Hostel, averaging GBP 142.95/night
- Hotel Interlaken, averaging GBP 232.85/night
A 2-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Backpackers Villa Sonnenhof - Hostel with a 4.8 out of 5 user rating while Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa and Hotel Interlaken are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Interlaken
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the nighttime average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July through September averages 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and -2°C at night
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Interlaken each year