Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, skiing, and mountains in Grindelwald. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and walkable, lakefront city has to offer, including its tours, shopping, and sledding. A top attraction is Eiger.
- There are 36 Grindelwald hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 33 mi (53.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Grindelwald
- Skiing, taking a tour, and skydiving are top activities, while sights to visit include Pfingstegg Cable Car, First Cable Car, and Grindelwald Grund Gondola
- Well-known for its festivals and attractions such as Valley Museum Lauterbrunnen, Ballenberg Open Air Museum, and Schweizer Holzbildhauerei Museum
- The mountains, lakeside, and hiking trails highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Eiger, First, and Schwarzhorn
Getting around Grindelwald
There are plenty of options for getting around Grindelwald. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Grindelwald Station or Grindelwald Alpiglen Railway Station.
Staying in Grindelwald
With 36 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, Grindelwald offers holiday retreats at affordable prices:
- 25 hotels, ranging from GBP 109/night to GBP 579/night
- 7 apartments
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald, averaging GBP 305.18 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Belvedere Swiss Quality Hotel, averaging GBP 331.99/night
- Gletschergarten, averaging GBP 257.59/night
A 4.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Belvedere Swiss Quality Hotel with a 4.9 out of 5 user rating while Gletschergarten and Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Grindelwald
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Grindelwald is 30 millimetres