Travellers give high marks for the magnificent mountain views in Wilderswil, which is also known for its local tours. The scenic and cosy setting also entices those visiting the city. Trummelbach Falls, Eiger and Jungfraujoch are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Wilderswil
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 25.3 mi (40.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Wilderswil
Taking a tour is a top activity, and Skydive Interlaken is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Trummelbach Falls and Eiger.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Wilderswil. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Edelweiss Lodge - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its overall value and comfortable rooms.
- Jungfrau Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Alpine-Inn by Jungfrau Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free valet parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Popular places to visit around the area include Jungfraujoch, located 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city centre, and Schloss Schadau, which is 12.9 mi/20.7 km away.
Getting around Wilderswil
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Wilderswil Station. Wilderswil might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Wilderswil
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- About 26 millimetres of rain falls on Wilderswil each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C